Montréal, March 14, 2022 — It was a Lotto 6/49 ticket that had spent several months in a winter coat pocket that turned a Montérégie couple into millionaires! On February 17, 2022, Gail B. and Norman Laff took home the guaranteed $1,000,000 prize from the draw on November 24, 2021.
- While at the pharmacy with her husband, Gail took the opportunity to check some lottery tickets that had been in her coat pocket for almost three months.
- After checking the tickets, the pharmacy employee announced that their Lotto 6/49 ticket was a winner, but that she couldn’t pay out the prize…
- When the couple asked why, she told them it was because the ticket was worth $1,000,000!
- The winners will use their windfall to spoil their kids and make some investments.
- Lottery: Lotto 6/49
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Guaranteed prize
- Draw date: November 24, 2021
- Winners’ place of residence: Montérégie
- Retailer: Brunet Plus (465 Rue Main, Hudson). The retailer will receive a $10,000 commission, equal to 1% of the prize.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only. Winning ticket holders should contact the customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 145 prizes of $1 million or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 22 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.