Montréal, January 26, 2022 — Jean-François Dubois won $5,000,000 in the at-home prize draws during the Célébration 2022 Gala, broadcast on TVA on January 9. This Centre-du-Québec resident plans to spoil his loved ones and buy a new house.
- Mr. Dubois watched the televised Célébration 2022 Gala, but missed the moment when they revealed the winning combination for the $5,000,000 grand prize.
- A few days later, he went to the Loto-Québec kiosk at a shopping centre to check his three Célébration tickets.
- Imagine his surprise when $5,000,000 popped up on the screen!
- Among his plans, Mr. Dubois is definitely intending to spoil his two sons. He’d like to buy a house with a garage and an inground pool, too.
- “I’m also planning to take this opportunity to play more golf. We have so many beautiful golf courses in the area!” he said.
The ticket was purchased at the Uniprix Patrick Martel pharmacy on Boulevard Saint-Joseph, in Drummondville. The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $50,000.
An interview was filmed with the winner and host Sébastien Benoit.
It can be found here: https://youtu.be/UuTQ44QKsAY
- Lottery game: Célébration 2022
- Prize: $5,000,000
- Winner’s place of residence: Centre-du-Québec
- Retailer: Uniprix Patrick Martel (3525 Boulevard Saint-Joseph, Drummondville)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $50,000.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only. Ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $25,000 or more should contact the customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and December 31, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 145 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 22 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.