Montréal, October 8, 2021 — Sixteen co-workers from the Niobec mine in Saint-Honoré have been on cloud nine since they learned that they’re sharing $1,000,000 from playing Lotto Max. Fourteen of these men, all from Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean, made their way to Loto-Québec’s offices in Quebec City to claim $62,500 each, which they won in the September 28 draw with a Formule groupe ticket.
- Steeve is in charge of a group of colleagues who have been playing the lottery together for more than five years. The group has changed over the years. The members aren’t always the same for the draws they play in Formule groupe.
- When Steeve stopped to check his ticket on his way to go work overtime, he got quite a surprise! The terminal made an unusual sound. The convenience store clerk, a friend, was thrilled to see that Steeve and his group had won $1,000,000.
- His night shift co-workers were asleep when they got the call or message with the news.
- The members of the group have several plans in mind: building a house, buying a cottage, paying off cars, buying a four-wheeler and investing part of the money.
- A week after the draw, 14 of the 16 winners had claimed their cheque. The other two winners have one year following the draw date to claim their share of the prize.
- Steeve Menard-Tremblay (group creator)
- Michaël Beaulieu
- Eric Côté
- Jean-Philippe Côté
- Mathieu Déry
- Yannick Duchesne
- Gino Dufour
- Patrick Fortin
- Francis Lavoie
- Daniel Pelletier
- Rémi Picher
- Olivier Pinard
- Stéphane Simard
- Eric Verreault
- Two winners have not yet claimed their prize.
- Lottery: Lotto Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Maxmillions
- Draw date: September 28, 2021
- Winners’ place of residence: Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only. Winning ticket holders are invited to contact customer service. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and October 4, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 118 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 17 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.