Montréal, May 18, 2021 — Once he realized that he’d gone to the convenience store with just a few dollars in his pocket, André De La Bruère was forced to choose between a Lotto Max and Double Jeu 49 ticket. The Estrie man chose the latter and ended up winning the $2,000,000 grand prize in the April 28 Québec 49 draw!
- Lottery game: Québec 49
- Prize: $2,000,000
- Category: Grand prize
- Draw date: April 28, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Estrie
- Retailer: Boni-Soir (25 Rue Saint-Jacques Nord, Coaticook)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $20,000.
- André bought a Double Jeu 49 Package, which allowed him to play both Lotto 6/49 and Québec 6/49 on the same ticket. He then added on Extra. The ticket ended up costing him $5.
- When he went to check his ticket at a retailer after the draw, he thought he’d won $50.
- The lucky winner realized that he’d won a major prize when the cashier told him that she couldn’t pay him and that he’d have to file a prize claim with Loto-Québec. Prizes amounting to $600 or less can still be claimed at a retailer, but his was a lot bigger!
- The Estrie man was incredulous at first. “That can’t be, that’s not true!” he exclaimed as he examined the validation slip.
- André then immediately expressed his delight to the cashier and customer waiting behind him.
- André says he wants to buy a new truck and used tractor with his winnings.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec is urging ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $25,000 or more to contact its customer service team. Right now, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize amounting to less than $25,000 is by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and May 16, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 53 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided nine lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.