Montréal, June 25, 2021 — Manon Corbeil and Georges Dozois couldn’t have dreamed of a happier retirement together, and especially not so soon! This Mauricie couple took home the top prize of $1,000 a day for life in the June 17 Grande Vie draw.
- Lottery game: Grande Vie
- Prize: $1,000 a day for life
- Category: Grand prize
- Draw date: June 17, 2021
- Winners’ place of residence: Mauricie
- Retailer: Couche-Tard (365 Boulevard du Saint-Maurice, Trois-Rivières)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $70,000.
- Manon had never played Grande Vie before. On a whim, she decided to enter a draw.
- After winning $20 playing Lotto Max with a group of family members, she decided to buy lottery tickets for her and her spouse at various retailers.
- The winner checked her tickets the very day she was scheduled to return to work after being off for several months.
- As soon as she found out she had won the Grande Vie top prize, she called her boss to tell him that she was retiring right then and there.
- Since then, emotions have been running high for Manon, while Georges has remained cool and collected.
- The multimillionaires plan to spoil their children and grandchildren with their winnings, and enjoy their retirement to the fullest by spending more time with their family, among other things.
- In addition to making investments, the couple plans to buy a second home to be closer to their children and grandchildren, get a new car as well as a classic car to live out their passion for automobiles, and take a family trip to Disney World once the circumstances allow.
- Since Manon and Georges share the $1,000 a day for life, they opted for the $7,000,000 lump-sum payment.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $2,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and June 27, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 87 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 14 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.