Montréal, April 14, 2021 — René Mercier, who lives in Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean, took home the $2,000,000 top prize in the March 30 Québec Max draw.
Loto-Québec held a virtual press conference, during which René Mercier was interviewed from the comfort of his home, so that members of the media could meet him. Watch it here: Québec Max : René gagne le gros lot de 2 000 000 $.
- Lottery: Québec Max
- Prize: $2,000,000
- Category: Grand prize
- Draw date: March 30, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- Retailer: Boni-Soir (1794 Route 169, Chambord)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $20,000.
- Just as he always does, René proceeded to check his Québec Max ticket by saying to his spouse: “Alright, let’s see if we’re millionaires!”
- He got quite a shock when he saw that he had all the winning numbers for the $2,000,000 grand prize and was now a multimillionaire.
- The Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean resident wasted no time in telling his spouse the good news.
- “It's indescribable all the feelings that you feel when you find out you’re a millionaire!” she exclaimed.
- The lucky winner already knows how he’ll spend the money: by buying a new truck, landscaping his home, spoiling his children, and making investments.
- One thing is for sure, he’ll be able to turn one of his dreams into reality—that of journeying to the Great North on a fishing expedition with his son once circumstances allow.
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec is urging ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $25,000 or more to contact its customer service team. Right now, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize amounting to less than $25,000 is by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and April 11, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 41 prizes of $1,000,000 or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 11 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.