Montréal, September 10, 2020 — A group of Montérégie residents who bought a group-play ticket for the August 28 Lotto Max draw are the winners of a Maxmillions prize, i.e. $1,000,000.
- Lottery: Lotto Max (group-play ticket)
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Maxmillions
- Draw date: August 28, 2020
- Winners’ place of residence: Montérégie
- Retailer: Les Tabagies du Haut-Richelieu (145 Boulevard Saint-Joseph, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec head office, Montréal
- André Brunet
- Carmen Crépeau Courville and Marcel Courville
- Denis Fournier
- Michel Germain and François Boisvert
- Bernard Gingras
- Claude Gosselin
- Gilles L’Ecuyer
- Réjean Lefebvre
- Rosaire Rousseau
- Lionel Rousseau and Jocelyne Fafard
The winners shared their plans with us when they came to pick up their cheques—some of these include making investments, buying new vehicles, renovating their homes and spoiling their children.
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec temporarily suspended in-person prize claims at its prize claim offices on March 18. Winners of prizes of $10,000 or more who have a physical lottery ticket should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team.
Please note: Owners of physical lottery tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020, inclusively who’ve won a prize will have an additional six months to claim it. The payment terms for prizes won on lotoquebec.com remain the same.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and September 8, 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 74 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 9 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.