Montréal, September 8, 2022 — Two Bas-Saint-Laurent residents and one resident of Gaspésie–Îles‑de‑la-Madeleine are lucky winners of Lotto 6/49! Raynald Chapados, his spouse Valérie Francoeur, and their good friend Richard Huard won the guaranteed $1 million prize in the August 17 draw. They plan to use this windfall, which they’re splitting equally, to finance their retirement and spoil their children.
- It’s Chapados who’s in charge of buying and checking the group’s lottery tickets. So, he was the first to learn the news, when the convenience store employee told him that their Lotto 6/49 ticket was worth a million dollars!
- “Once he was back in the car, Raynald Chapados shared the incredible news with me!” said Francoeur, at the Loto-Québec winners’ lounge.
- Chapados didn’t wait long before letting his longtime friend Huard in on the announcement. The two men formed the lottery group in the 90s, and Francoeur joined later on.
The winning ticket was purchased at Dépanneur Ultra, 1337 Boulevard Jacques-Cartier Nord, in Mont-Joli. The retailer will receive a commission equal to 1% of the overall prize, so $10,000.
- Lottery game: Lotto 6/49
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Guaranteed prize
- Draw date: August 17, 2022
- Winners’ place of residence: Bas-Saint-Laurent and Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine
- Retailer: Dépanneur Ultra (1337 Boulevard Jacques-Cartier Nord, Mont-Joli)
The retailer will receive a commission equal to 1% of the overall prize, so $10,000.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and September 4, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 75 prizes of $1,000,000 or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 12 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.