Montréal, September 21, 2022 — Abitibi-Témiscamingue resident Josée Bertrand’s decision to say yes to Extra paid off big time—she won the $1,000,000 grand prize in the August 26 draw! With her windfall, the retired licensed practical nurse says she’ll be able to realize her dream: travel to Western Canada in her souped-up RV! Bertrand also plans to spoil her daughter.
- Three days after the Extra draw, Bertrand checked the draw results for the lottery games she’d played. When she saw that she had the winning number for August 26, she checked and rechecked her Extra ticket over twenty times!
- Despite it being so late, she couldn’t help calling up her daughter to ask her: “I need you to check something for me...” Once her daughter confirmed that she’d indeed won, Bertrand was unable to sleep a wink all night.
The winning ticket was purchased at Dépanneur L’Express, located at 54 Rue Principale Sud in Macamic. The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Lottery game: Extra
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Top prize
- Draw date: August 26, 2022
- Winner’s place of residence: Abitibi-Témiscamingue
- Retailer: Dépanneur L’Express (54 Rue Principale Sud, Macamic)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and September 19, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 77 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 13 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.