Montréal, March 8, 2022 — Sandra Deschênes won the guaranteed $1,000,000 prize in the February 9 Lotto 6/49 draw. The Bas-Saint-Laurent resident, who purchased her ticket on lotoquebec.com, got quite the shock when, the day after the draw, a Loto-Québec employee called her to tell her that she was now a millionaire.
A recording of the call (in French) is available here: : https://youtu.be/vijLW1mzrGI
- “It doesn't make sense, I feel like I’m dreaming! This is such a wonderful surprise!” she said when the Loto-Québec employee told her the good news.
- Sandra had already purchased a piece of waterfront property and was planning to build a new home in the coming years. With this unexpected million dollars, she plans to tastefully decorate her new house!
- She also intends to set aside money to pay for her children’s education.
- Lottery game: Lotto 6/49
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Guaranteed prize
- Draw date: February 9, 2022
- Winner’s place of residence: Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Ticket purchased on lotoquebec.com
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only. For this reason, those with winning tickets should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 145 prizes of $1 million or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 22 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.