Montréal, May 17, 2022 — Michel Landry, a Montérégie resident, was lucky enough to win $1,000,000 by betting $1 on Banco for the May 9 draw. The winner, who’s now retired, plans to make a few investments and spoil his children. He’d also like to buy himself a truck, as he plans to take some road trips around Québec with his wife!
- Michel Landry took home $1,000,000 by betting $1 on 10 numbers and adding the Turbo option, which gives players a chance to multiply their winnings. By doing this, he increased his prize amount fivefold!
- When he realized his numbers matched the May 9 draw results, Landry shed tears of joy.
- While he’d already planned a trip to the Saguenay Fjord this summer, he’s also decided to head to Lac Leamy in Outaouais, now that he’s a millionaire!
The winning ticket was purchsed at Voisin, located at 321 Chemin Saint-Louis in Beauharnois. The retailer will receive a commission equal to 1% of the overall prize, i.e. $10,000.
- Lottery: Banco
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: 10/10, $1 wager with Turbo x 5
- Draw date: May 9, 2022
- Winner’s place of residence: Montérégie
- Retailer: Voisin (321 Chemin Saint-Louis, Beauharnois)
The retailer will receive a commission equal to 1% of the overall prize, i.e. $10,000.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and May 15, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 37 prizes of $1,000,000 or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided nine lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.