Montréal, June 30, 2022 — Couple Marcel Langevin and Francine Gagnon, who live in the Capitale-Nationale region, took home $1,000,000 in the June 3 Québec Max draw. With the intent to start living life to the fullest, the lucky winners are looking at buying a new house and luxury car, and taking a trip!
- Langevin and Gagnon, who’ve been together for 20 years, tend to buy lottery tickets when the jackpot is especially high. The $113 million prize pool that Lotto Max was offering on June 3 motivated them to buy a Double Jeu Max ticket.
- When Gagnon heard the big news as she was checking the winning ticket, she motioned for Langevin to join her inside the store. He could think of many reasons why Gagnon would look so excited, but the thought of winning $1 million never crossed his mind!
The winning ticket was purchased at the Boni-Soir on Rue Jean-Talon Ouest in Quebec City. The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Lottery game: Québec Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Additional prize
- Draw date: June 3, 2022
- Winners’ place of residence: Capitale-Nationale
- Retailer: Boni-Soir (1551 Boulevard Jean-Talon Ouest, Quebec City)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and June 26, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 55 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided nine lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.