Montréal, June 17, 2022 — Johanne Benoit and Robert Guay, who are from Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine, can now call themselves a millionaire couple! They won $1,000,000 in the May 17 Québec Max draw. The couple, who’ve been together for 25 years, have been playing the lottery for the same length of time. With their windfall, the two winners say they’ll be able to turn their dream of owning a log home in the Gaspésie countryside into a reality.
VIDEO – Watch the winning couple tell us their story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1oS8cyFhLk.
- Whenever Johanne Benoit asks her spouse to bring her back “little surprises,” Robert Guay buys a couple of lottery tickets. This is how he came to purchase their winning ticket at Crevier Express in Sainte‑Anne‑des-Monts.
- The couple always purchase the Double Jeu Max, which allows them to play Lotto Max and Québec Max on the same ticket, and to which they add Extra. Guay joked that he loves his lottery tickets like he loves his pizza: all-dressed!
The winning ticket was purchased at the Crevier Express on 1re Avenue Ouest in Sainte-Anne-des-Monts. The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Lottery game: Québec Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Additional prize
- Draw date: May 17, 2022
- Winners’ place of residence: Gaspésie–Îles-de-la-Madeleine
- Retailer: Crevier Express (103 1re Avenue Ouest, Sainte-Anne-des-Monts)
This retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and June 12, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 49 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided nine lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.