Montréal, June 10, 2022 — Marcel Lussier is the official winner of the $70,000,000 June 7 Lotto Max jackpot. The Montérégie resident also took home secondary prizes, for a whopping total win of $70,027,052! The winner jokingly said that he now has “71 million plans for the future”!
- Marcel Lussier shared with us that he woke up on the night of the draw with a funny inkling that he’d won the lottery. He probably isn’t the only Lotto Max player to have dreamt about winning the June 7 jackpot, but he did win the whole thing!
- When he learnt of his win on Wednesday morning, he scrambled to find a good hiding spot for his ticket. It was so well hidden, in fact, that he was afraid he’d forget to retrieve it before heading to Loto-Québec’s head office.
- Lussier, who is a history buff and genealogy enthusiast, wants his future plans to include these two interests. Taking a cruise is also on his radar.
- Lussier always bets on eight-number selections when he plays Lotto Max via a combination play ticket, which can be bought at any retailer.
- Buying a combination play ticket is a quick and easy way to play several selections. And because you have multiple sets of numbers, you can win multiple prizes. This how he came to be both a winner in the 7/7 prize category and seven-time winner in the 6/7 prize category.
- This is the third time that a record Lotto Max jackpot has been won in Québec in the last 2.5 years.
- The newly minted multimillionaire got to celebrate his win at a press conference held today at Loto‑Québec’s head office.
“Lotto Max is a hit with Quebecers and the lottery game churns out loads of winners every year. Last year, Québec players were especially lucky, pocketing nearly $1.5 billion in lottery prizes, including 131 prizes of $1 million or more, which are all-time highs,” pointed out Loto-Québec President and CEO Jean‑François Bergeron.
The retailer who sold Lussier the winning ticket, Dépanneur Bethell on Boulevard Rome in Brossard, also has a lot to celebrate as the recipient of a 1% commission of $700,270.
- Lottery game: Lotto Max
- Prize: $70,027,052
- Prize categories: 7/7 and seven times 6/7
- Draw date: June 7, 2022
- Winner’s place of residence: Montérégie
About Lotto Max
This is the 39th Lotto Max jackpot to have been won in Québec. The last two $70,000,000 jackpots were won by Lotto Max players in Québec on February 25 and October 9, 2020. In addition to these major prizes, 185 Maxmillions, each worth $1,000,000, have been won by Québec players, including two in the June 7 draw.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.