Montréal, June 17, 2022 — Montréal resident Aboubacar Camara took home $1,000,000 in the June 3 Lotto Max draw with a winning Double Jeu Max ticket. The win couldn’t come at a better time for this man with two jobs; he’ll finally be able to fulfill his dreams of buying a home and owning his own company. In fact, the lucky winner plans to buy a freight truck and try his luck in business. Camara also intends to work fewer hours. “No more night shifts!” we heard him exclaim when he was handed his cheque at the Loto‑Québec head office.
- Not quite believing he’d actually won $1,000,000, Camara checked his ticket at three different retailers before he came to realize his good fortune.
- He even went to a fourth retailer, but that time it was to dispel his wife’s doubts!
- The couple’s windfall will allow them to buy a house, something that seemed impossible before.
The winning ticket was purchased at the Couche-Tard on Boulevard Henri-Bourassa Ouest in Montréal. The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Lottery game: Lotto Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Maxmillions
- Draw date: June 3, 2022
- Winner’s place of residence: Montréal
- Retailer: Couche-Tard (6215 Boulevard Henri-Bourassa Ouest, Montréal)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and June 12, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 49 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 9 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.