Montréal, June 29, 2022 — Lanaudière resident Karine Chevrier won $1,000,000 in the June 3 Lotto Max draw. For the past month, Chevrier and her husband have been saving up to buy a hot tub. That day will come sooner than expected! The lucky winner says she also plans to pay off her mortgage and make investments.
- Chevrier went to her usual retailer. When the clerk validated her ticket, she heard a sound she’d never heard before.
- Calmly, the attendant told her that she’d won a Maxmillions prize worth $1,000,000!
- Incredulous at first, the lucky winner responded: “No way! You’re kidding me!”
- After she recovered from the shock, she called her spouse to tell him the good news.
The winning ticket was purchased at the Proxi Extra on Route 337 inSainte-Julienne. The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Lottery game: Lotto Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Maxmillions
- Draw date: June 3, 2022
- Winner’s place of residence: Lanaudière
- Retailer: Proxi Extra (47 Route 337, Sainte-Julienne)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and June 26, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 55 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided nine lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.