Montréal, July 19, 2022 — Montréal resident Nathalie Lizotte took home the Gagnant à vie top prize of $1,000 a week for life. In the end, she opted for the lump-sum prize of $1,000,000. The newly minted millionaire says she plans to retire and devote her time to endeavours that are dear to her heart, like volunteering.
- Lizotte would play the Gagnant à vie lottery game on occasion. She always said: “If I ever win the top prize, I’ll retire!”
- She bought her ticket at a convenience store in Franquelin, a municipality in the Côte-Nord region. When Lizotte returned to Montréal, she was too tired after the long drive to scratch the ticket, so she left it on the counter for the next morning.
- Once she did scratch the ticket, she realized she had three VIE symbols!
- She immediately told her spouse that she’d won the top prize. But since she’s a prankster by nature, he didn’t believe her until he saw the ticket with his own eyes.
- Lottery game: Gagnant à vie
- Prize: $1,000 a week for life (lump sum prize of $1,000,000)
- Category: Top prize
- Winner’s place of residence: Montréal
- Retailer: Dépanneur Franquelin (11 Rue des Cèdres, Franquelin)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and July 17, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 62 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 11 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.