Montréal, July 5, 2022 — Lyne Brochu took home the top prize of $1,000,000 in the June 21 Extra draw with a ticket she purchased online. Upon learning that one of her clients had won a major prize, the financial planner from Bas-Saint-Laurent decided to open an account on lotoquebec.com. The newly minted millionaire added that she always gets Extra whenever she plays the lottery. And you can bet she’d do it again!
- The winner got the call from Loto-Québec (and the good news) while shopping in Old Quebec City with friends, the day after they went to a Lara Fabian show.
- Brochu says that, as soon as she hung up the phone, she walked out of the store alone, trying to wrap her head around what had just happened.
- Her friends, not understanding the sudden change in her demeanor, quickly caught up with her. “They thought I’d just received some terrible news when it was wholly the opposite!” she recounted, laughing.
Brochu says she plans to invest part of the money, and use the rest to move up her retirement date and spoil loved ones.
- Lottery game: Extra
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: 7/7
- Draw date: June 21, 2022
- Winner’s place of residence: Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Ticket purchased on lotoquebec.com
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and July 3, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 58 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 10 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.