Montréal, January 18, 2021 – Dominique Guimond and Nathalie Leavey, two colleagues and friends who live in Montérégie, won $1,000,000 with Extra during the December 18 draw. With the winnings, Dominique plans to buy a house while Nathalie is thinking of putting the money aside for her retirement.
- The two lucky winners have been playing lottery games for over 20 years. They promised one another to share their winnings if either of them won the grand prize.
- Dominique called Nathalie right away to tell her the good news after seeing the amount of $1,000,000 displayed on her cell phone.
- The winning ticket was purchased at Tabagie Richelieu on Boulevard du Séminaire Nord in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu. The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Lottery game: Extra
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Grand prize
- Draw date: December 18, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Montérégie
- Retailer: Tabagie Richelieu (1005 Boulevard du Séminaire Nord, Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only. Ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $25,000 or more should contact the customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and December 31, Loto-Québec paid out 145 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 22 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.