Montréal, January 26, 2022 — Four Lanaudière residents won handsome amounts playing Lotto 6/49 over the past few weeks! Sylvie Giard couldn’t believe it when a Loto-Québec employee told her that she’d just won $1,000,000 in the December 8 draw with a ticket she bought online. Liliane and Johanne Tousignant and Michel St-Sauveur took home $226,275 in the December 22 draw. This is Liliane’s second major prize in just a few years!
A dream vacation in the Maldives!
- Sylvie Giard immediately called her husband to tell him she’d just won $1,000,000 in the Lotto 6/49 draw. He kept saying, “This isn’t a joke?” According to Sylvie, he never cries, but he did shed a few tears of joy.
- “We’re living it, but it doesn’t seem real—it’s an extraordinary day!” she said upon receiving the cheque.
- With her windfall, she plans to spoil her family and renovate her bathroom.
- She recently entered a radio contest to win her dream vacation: a week in a floating hut in the Maldives. Now that she’s a million dollars richer, she won’t have to wait for the contest results to make her dream come true!
- The winning ticket was purchased online at lotoquebec.com.
- Lottery: Lotto 6/49
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Guaranteed prize
- Draw date: December 8, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Lanaudière
- Ticket purchased online at lotoquebec.com
A second big win for Liliane Tousignant!
- The two sisters, Liliane and Johanne Tousignant, and Michel St-Sauveur, Johanne’s spouse, split $226,275 thanks to five out of six correct numbers plus the bonus number.
- This is Liliane’s second major win; she won big in 2015 with a special edition Gagnant à vie scratch ticket.
- The trio decided to play Lotto 6/49 together while Johanne and Michel were helping Liliane during her move.
- The three members of the group all plan to spoil their loved ones with their windfall.
- Lottery: Lotto 6/49
- Prize: $226,275
- Category: 5/6+B
- Draw date: December 22, 2021
- Winners’ place of residence: Lanaudière
- Retailer: Super Soir (3515 Rue Queen, Rawdon)
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only. Ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $25,000 or more should contact the customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 145 prizes of $1 million or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 22 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.