Montréal, February 16, 2022 – Simon-Pierre Gagné, who resides in the Capitale-Nationale region, won $1,000,000 in the February 1 Québec Max draw. He learned the good news after checking the Lotteries app on his phone the day after the draw. He then immediately told his spouse and parents about his stroke of luck!
- Simon-Pierre has been buying his lottery and sports betting tickets online for a year now.
- “I can hardly believe it!” he exclaimed when he walked into the winners’ lounge with his spouse.
- Simon-Pierre, a member of the Canadian army who’s on the verge of retiring, plans to invest the money wisely so he can achieve long-term financial security. He also intends to buy a new home where he can one day settle down with his family.
- The winning ticket was purchased on lotoquebec.com.
- Lottery game: Québec Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Additional prize
- Draw date: February 1, 2022
- Winner’s place of residence: Capitale-Nationale
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only. For this reason, those with winning tickets should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 145 prizes of $1 million or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 22 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.