Montréal, April 1, 2022 — Yolande Sibley won an annuity of $1,000 a week for life with a Gagnant à vie ticket she purchased online. The Montrealer opted for the lump sum prize of $1,000,000 instead. Some of her plans include buying a brand-new car and new house.
- Yolande would sometimes play draw-based lottery games on lotoquebec.com.
- One morning, after winning $10, she decided to try her luck and purchase an online Gagnant à vie scratch ticket.
- It turned out to be a lucky purchase, since she won the grand prize, i.e. an annuity of $1,000 a week for life!
- “It certainly woke me up!” said her spouse, who was still asleep when she came into their bedroom to tell him about her million-dollar windfall.
- The couple got on a video call shortly thereafter to tell their whole family the good news.
- Lottery game: Gagnant à vie
- Prize: $1,000 a week for life (lump sum prize of $1,000,000)
- Category: Grand prize
- Winner’s place of residence: Montréal
- Ticket purchased on lotoquebec.com
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 145 prizes of $1 million or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 22 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.