Montréal, April 28, 2022 — Mauricie resident Roger Paquet won the $1,000,000 grand prize in the April 19 Extra draw. The winner says he plans to invest some of the money, retire, and volunteer with seniors.
- The day after the draw, Paquet checked his ticket only to find out he’d won $1 million!
- “I saw $1,000,000, then calmly walked up to the counter and told them that I’d won. The terminal made a winning sound, and the attendant confirmed that I’d indeed won $1 million.”
- Paquet was all smiles when he came to collect his cheque with his loved ones at the Loto-Québec offices. It’s his first big win. He joked that he’d come back to collect another hefty prize some day!
The winning ticket was purchased at Dépanneur R. Lapointe on Rue Trudel in Shawinigan. The retailer will receive a commission equal to 1% of the overall prize, i.e. $10,000.
- Lottery game: Extra
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Grand prize
- Draw date: April 19, 2022
- Winner’s place of residence: Mauricie
- Retailer: Dépanneur R. Lapointe (3682 Rue Trudel, Shawinigan)
The retailer will receive a commission equal to 1% of the overall prize, i.e. $10,000.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and April 17, 2022, Loto-Québec paid out 31 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided seven lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.