Montréal, September 23, 2021 – “I still can’t believe what’s happening to me but I’m so grateful,” exclaimed Olivia Delos Reyes, who bought the winning ticket online for the Lotto 6/49 jackpot drawn on August 28. The Montrealer will share the $10,990,458 with the members of her lottery group.
- Olivia was spending time with friends on the night of the draw, and she checked the Lotto 6/49 results on the Lotteries app. At first, she thought she was mistakenly reading the numbers on her ticket, instead of the winning numbers. She has been playing the same combination, consisting of important dates, for 16 years.
- Realizing that she had just won the jackpot, she asked the friend she was carpooling with to drive her home. In the car, Olivia announced she had won the jackpot and that it would be split among the members of her lottery group. The two women, who were already planning a trip together, shouted with joy.
- The winner bought the ticket on lotoquebec.com.
- Olivia is planning to use her share of the winnings to buy a house and a car. She feels too young to retire, so she wants to set aside some money for her future. And she’ll give some to her nine brothers and sisters.
A video of the winner is available on the Loteries Loto-Québec YouTube channel.
Lotto 6/49: Olivia and her group win the $10,990,458 jackpot playing online.
- Lottery: Lotto 6/49
- Prize: $10,990,458
- Category: Jackpot
- Draw date: August 28, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Montréal
- Ticket purchase: online using the Lotteries app
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only. Winning ticket holders are invited to contact customer service. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and September 19, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 112 prizes of $1,000,000 or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games provided 16 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.