Montréal, October 18, 2021 — “That’s a lot of zeros,” exclaimed Micheline Quirion Lachance as she held the $1,000,000 cheque presented to her by Loto-Québec. On September 25, the Chaudière-Appalaches resident won the top prize in the Extra draw.
- Micheline and her spouse like to play draw-based lottery games, and he typically checks the results on Sunday mornings.
- The couple regularly wins a few dollars, but when he told her that she’d won the grand prize, she kept repeating “No, no, no!” in disbelief.
- The winner thought about her children first. She called them and other family members to share the news.
- With her prize, she plans to do renovations and treat her children.
- “I thank life for this. My partner just retired. This will certainly affect the numbers in our Excel spreadsheet! It’ll feel good,” said Micheline upon receiving her prize.
- The winning ticket was purchased at the Dépanneur St-Jean-Port-Joli. The retailer will receive a $10,000 commission, equal to 1% of the prize.
A video of the winner is available on the Loteries Loto-Québec YouTube channel.
1 000 000 $ à l’Extra : Micheline devient millionnaire.
- Lottery: Extra
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Grand prize
- Draw date: September 25, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Chaudière-Appalaches
- Retailer: Dépanneur St-Jean-Port-Joli (699 Route de l’Église, Saint-Jean-Port-Joli)
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only. Winning ticket holders are invited to contact customer service. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and October 17, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 120 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 17 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.