Montréal, March 25, 2021 — It was while testing out his new account on lotoquebec.com that Alexandre Gauthier landed the Gagnant à vie grand prize of $1,000 a week for life. The Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean resident says that, with the money, he plans to make renovations to his home to make working from home easier, and travel to the United States and Europe.
- Lottery: Gagnant à vie (with a ticket purchased online)
- Prize: $1,000 a week for life (the winner opted for a lump-sum payment of $1,000,000)
- Claim date: March 22, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Saguenay–Lac-Saint-Jean
- One of Alexandre’s friends told him about Mise-o-jeu+, and encouraged him to open an account on lotoquebec.com so that they could bet on football games together in the fall.
- To test out his new account, Alexandre bought a ticket for Gagnant à vie, a lottery game that him and his spouse are particularly fond of.
- He won $4, so he decided to buy another ticket, which won him $8.
- He again bought another ticket, which he made his spouse scratch for him.
- And it was with that ticket that Alexandre won the Gagnant à vie grand prize, i.e. $1,000 a week for life.
- He decided to opt for a lump-sum payment of $1,000,000.
- The lucky winner took a screenshot of his win to show his three kids.
- Alexandre plans to do something he’s dreamt of for a long time: attend football games in the biggest stadiums in the U.S.
- Some of his other spending plans: travelling to Europe, and carrying out renovations that’ll make his home more work-from-home-friendly.
A video of the winner is available on Loto-Québec’s YouTube channel.
Alexandre, gagnant de 1 000 $ par semaine à vie
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec is urging ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $25,000 or more to contact its customer service team. Right now, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize amounting to less than $25,000 is by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 108 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 16 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.