Montréal, May 4, 2021 — Upon learning that Loto-Québec was looking for the winners of an unclaimed $1,000,000 prize in the Côte-Nord area, Sophie Racine-Langis and Kim P Bond began teasing each other via text message. The two friends joked and made plans, but had no idea that they were the winners of the $1,000,000 prize in the April 23 Québec Max draw!
- Lottery: Québec Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Additional prize
- Draw date: April 23, 2021
- Winners’ place of residence: Côte-Nord
- Retailer: Dépanneur 7 Jours (27 Rue Comeau, Sept-Îles)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- For the past two years, Sophie and Kim have been playing the lottery together, taking turns purchasing a Forfait lottos for the two of them.
- After reading in a local newspaper that Loto-Québec was looking for winners in the area, the friends exchanged texts, making believe that they had won the $1,000,000.
- Sophie then double-checked their Québec Max combination via the Loto-Québec Lotteries app, before comparing the numbers on their ticket with those in the newspaper.
- Not believing their luck, Sophie called Kim to tell her that they were the winners of the unclaimed prize.
- They then went to a retailer together to get their ticket validated.
Thanks to their prize, the lucky winners plan on realizing a variety of projects on their wish lists including shopping for a new car, taking a trip when travel becomes possible again, doing renovations and making investments.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec is urging ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $25,000 or more to contact its customer service team. Right now, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize amounting to less than $25,000 is by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and May 2, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 48 prizes of $1,000,000 or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided seven lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.