Montréal, May 17, 2021 — Hughes Hetu, who lives in Lanaudière, took home one of the additional $1,000,000 prizes in the April 16 Québec Max draw.
- Lottery game: Québec Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Additional prize
- Draw date: April 16, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Lanaudière
- Retailer: Épicerie Forest (773 Rue De Lanaudière, Joliette)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Hughes often buys his lottery tickets on his lunch hour. He jokingly refers to the Double Jeu ones he buys as “all-dressed tickets,” meaning that they allow him to play both Lotto Max and Québec Max, or both Lotto 6/49 and Québec 49, simultaneously.
- It was during one of his lunch hours, when he went out to buy some more of the same tickets at a retailer, that he found out that he already had a winning Double Jeu Max ticket in his possession and was the lucky winner of an additional Québec Max prize of $1,000,000.
- Hugues, who’s still in shock, says he needs more time to think about how he’ll enjoy his winnings, but plans to invest some of them.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec is urging ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $25,000 or more to contact its customer service team. Right now, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize amounting to less than $25,000 is by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and May 9, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 51 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided nine lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.