Montréal, June 17, 2021 — Nathalie Nadeau woke up a millionaire the day after the Québec Max draw. The Estrie resident won $1,000,000 on June 4 with a play she bought online at lotoquebec.com. She says she plans to purchase a motorhome, and make her windfall go a long way!
- Lottery game: Québec Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Additional prize
- Draw date: June 4, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Estrie
- Nathalie only purchases lottery tickets on occasion. She sometimes opts for Double Jeu Max, which allows her to play Lotto Max and Québec Max simultaneously. Seeing as the jackpot offered in the June 4 Lotto Max draw was $70,000,000, she bought a play.
- After waking up early on Saturday morning to go to work with her spouse, she started the day off by checking the results of the previous day’s draws on lotoquebec.com. She was especially excited to find out if she’d won the Lotto Max jackpot.
- That’s when she found out that she was indeed a millionaire, but had won an additional Québec Max prize instead. Even though she was overjoyed, she still went to work with her husband, who’s a business owner, since the task at hand couldn’t wait!
- After surviving a serious car accident, Nathalie feels that Lady Luck is smiling on her and sees her lottery win as a gift and invitation to live life to the fullest.
- With the motor home she plans to buy, the winner says she’ll be able to take road trips across Québec with her spouse, go all the way to western Canada, and visit one of her brothers who lives in the United States once circumstances allow. Her prize, which was a wonderful surprise, will also come in handy when she retires.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $5,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and June 6, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 60 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 12 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.