Montréal, June 16, 2021 — Gordon Malec was in for a wonderful surprise when he scratched his 200X Multiplicateur ticket. On May 20, the Côte-Nord resident pocketed $200,000, one of the major prizes that the lottery game offers.
- Lottery game: 200X Multiplicateur
- Prize: $200,000
- Category: 200x multiplier prize
- Prize payout date: May 20, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Côte-Nord
- Retailer: Libre-service Fermont (401 Le Carrefour, Fermont)
- This is the first major win for Gordon, who plays the lottery regularly.
- He’s a fan of scratch tickets, especially the $20 and $30 ones.
- “I always figured that if I wanted to win a decent amount of money, I might have a better chance with a pricier ticket than with a $2 or $3 ticket,” he said.
- Because of the 200X multiplier, it took him a few moments to realize that he’d had won such a hefty prize.
- The lucky winner says he wants to buy a house with his winnings.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $5,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and May 30, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 57 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 11 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.