Montréal, June 23, 2021 — Yoland Emond and Nathalie Savard were getting ready to celebrate their 40th wedding anniversary when they found out they’d won $1,000,000. The Côte-Nord couple took home a Maxmillions prize, i.e. $1,000,000, in the June 11 Lotto Max draw.
- Lottery game: Lotto Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Maxmillions
- Draw date: June 11, 2021
- Winners’ place of residence: Côte-Nord
- Retailer: Boni-Soir (191 Rue Vallilée, Chute-aux-Outardes)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Every week, when he goes to get gas, Yoland takes the time to validate the lottery tickets he buys with his wife Nathalie.
- “I heard a little chime on the terminal and thought I’d won a free ticket,” he recounted.
- The clerk explained to him that he’d just won $1,000,000, and not a free play.
- Yoland rushed home to tell his wife the news. Excited, they both began to shout and celebrate.
- “It’s a good thing you don’t pay out the prize in $20 bills, because we wouldn’t be strong enough to carry it all. This way, it’s easy!” Nathalie joked, cheque in hand, when the couple came to claim their million-dollar prize at Loto-Québec’s offices.
- With the money they won, the couple say they intend to spoil their children and enjoy a nice retirement.
- Yoland and Nathalie, who’ll be celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary in July, say their win feels like a wonderful anniversary gift!
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $5,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and June 20, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 75 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 13 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.