Montréal, January 25, 2021 — Montérégie couple Jonathan Crépeau and Véronique Larouche took home the $5,000,000 at-home grand prize following the televised Célébration 2021 event, which aired on January 10.
- Lottery: Célébration 2021
- Prize: $5,000,000
- Category: At-home grand prize
- Draw date: January 10, 2021
- Winners’ place of residence: Montérégie
- Retailer: Dépanneur Claudine (215 Chemin Sanguinet, Saint-Philippe)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $50,000.
- Prize claim centre: Loto-Québec head office, Montréal
- The couple buy Célébration tickets every year.
- After the January 10 televised event aired, the lovebirds checked their tickets.
- “That’s us! That’s us!” cried out Véronique, who immediately started to shake as she looked at the numbers, realizing they’d won the $5,000,000 at-home grand prize.
- The newly minted multimillionaires have plans to buy a pickup truck, complete renovations on their home, and start construction on their next home themselves, which they say will definitely include a hot tub.
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec is urging ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $10,000 or more to contact its customer service team. Right now, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize amounting to less than $10,000 is by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 108 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 16 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.