Montréal, February 2, 2021 — Bas-Saint-Laurent resident Julie Lebel got the shock of her life when she found out that she’d won one of the five $1,000,000 prizes drawn during the January 10 Célébration 2021 event!
- Lottery: Célébration
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Draw date: January 10, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Retailer: Épicerie Mario Roy (19 Rue du Carrefour-Sportif, Amqui)
The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Prize claim centre: Loto-Québec office in Quebec City
- Julie was on her way to work when she decided to stop at a retailer. While she was there, she decided to check her Célébration 2021 ticket.
- “You’ve won big! Did you notice how the terminal made a different sound?” the store clerk said.
- And that’s how the Bas-Saint-Laurent resident found out that she’d won $1,000,000!
- Julie wasted no time in sharing the good news with her family.
- The newly minted millionaire says she plans to invest part of the money, and treat herself to a few things including a new car.
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec is urging ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $10,000 or more to contact its customer service team. Right now, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize amounting to less than $10,000 is by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 108 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 16 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.