Montréal, August 4, 2021 — After making an exception to try his luck on the June 11 draw for the Lotto Max jackpot, André Rousseau also decided to play an Extra. The Laval resident ended up winning the grand prize, but not in the lottery he thought he would since it was the Extra that allowed him to take home $1,000,000.
- Lottery: Extra
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Grand prize
- Draw date: June 11, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Laval
- Retailer: Boni-Jour (7780 Boulevard Lévesque Est, Laval)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- André enjoys playing La Poule aux œufs d’or.
- Seeing that the Lotto Max jackpot was $70,000,000, he decided to take a chance on the lottery and bought a quick-play ticket, to which he added an Extra.
- When he checked his ticket, the Laval resident saw that he had won three free plays for the next draw.
- Looking at the results more closely, he realized that his ticket had all the Extra numbers.
- He remained frozen for a minute, feeling his heart pounding.
- With his million, André plans on spoiling some of those close to him and on buying an electric car.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $2,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 1, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 100 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 15 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.