Montréal, August 4, 2021 — When they saw they had won the grand prize for Grande Vie, Katherine Robinson and Tom Parker had the same idea: they both decided to retire early. This Montérégie couple will be able to fully enjoy their retirement with the prize of $1,000 a day for life that they won in the June 7 draw.
- Lottery: Grande Vie
- Prize: $1,000 a day for life
- Category: Grand prize
- Draw date: June 7, 2021
- Winners’ place of residence: Montérégie
- Retailer: Tabagie Vaudreuil-Dorion (590 Avenue Saint-Charles, Vaudreuil-Dorion)
- The retailer will receive a commission of $70,000, the equivalent of 1% of the lump sum.
- The couple had been playing Grande Vie for only a while.
- Tom had said to Katherine that one day they’d win a grand prize together in the lottery.
- Before planning what they want to do with the rest of their lives, the two winners are going to take some time to think about and adapt to their new situation.
- Since Katherine and Tom share the $1,000 a day for life, they had to opt for the $7,000,000 lump-sum payment.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $2,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 1, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 100 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 15 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.