Montréal, August 17, 2021 — For the past year, Roylie Lavallée has been using the numbers he found in a fortune cookie every time he bought a Lotto 6/49 ticket. However, thanks to a quick-pick selection made up of numbers selected at random, the Côte-Nord resident won the guaranteed million on July 17.
- Lottery: Lotto 6/49
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Guaranteed prize
- Draw date: July 17
- Winner’s place of residence: Côte-Nord
- Retailer: J. L. Joncas (1121 Boulevard Docteur-Camille-Marcoux, Lourdes-de-Blanc-Sablon)
The retailer will receive a $10,000 commission, equal to 1% of the prize.
- Roylie Lavallée has been playing the lottery with the numbers he found in a fortune cookie a year ago, but through a quick-pick selection made up of numbers selected at random, he became a millionaire.
- The Côte-Nord resident plans to invest wisely so he can enjoy his retirement, but he also intends to treat himself to a snowmobile and a new car.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $2,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 15, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 102 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 15 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.