Montréal, August 19, 2021 — Laurentides resident Pierre Alexandre Durand won the guaranteed $1 million prize in the July 24 Lotto 6/49 draw.
- Lottery: Lotto 6/49
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Guaranteed prize
- Draw date: July 24
- Winner’s place of residence: Laurentides
- Retailer: Dépanneur Voisin (3088 Chemin d’Oka, Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac)
The retailer will receive a $10,000 commission, equal to 1% of the prize.
- Pierre Alexandre plays Lotto 6/49 and Lotto Max regularly.
- When he checked his ticket using the Lotteries app, he realized that he’d won the guaranteed $1 million prize from Lotto 6/49.
- He felt dizzy when he saw the prize amount on his screen.
- He immediately asked his sister and another person close to him to come to his house to confirm that he had indeed become a millionaire.
- The winner plans to invest in real estate.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $2,000 or more. Players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 15, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 102 prizes of $1,000,000 or more. Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 15 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.