Montréal, August 24, 2021 — Xuan Lin Dang became a millionaire with 15 of the 20 numbers she played on Banco spécial. When she saw that she’d won the $1,000,000 grand prize in the August 12 draw, the Montrealer cried tears of joy.
- Lottery: Banco spécial
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Grand prize, 15/20, $5 wager
- Draw date: August 12, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Montréal
- Retailer: Maxi & Cie (1757 Boulevard Marcel-Laurin, Saint-Laurent borough, Montréal)
The retailer will receive a $10,000 commission, equal to 1% of the prize.
- Xuan Lin bought a multi-draw ticket for Banco spécial, one of the lottery games she likes to play.
- She only needed to get 15 of the 20 numbers to win the grand prize.
- When she checked her ticket at the retailer, she saw the prize she’d won appear on the customer display screen. With the validation slip in hand, she felt a rush of joy, then tears began to roll down her cheeks.
- When she got home, Xuan Lin told her children the news.
- She plans to use the money to buy a house and make investments.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $2,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 22, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 103 prizes of $1,000,000 or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 15 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.