Montréal, August 17, 2021 — Micheline Beaubien Bergeron plays the lottery as a group every week with her daughters, Dominique and Martine Beaubien. A stroke of luck befell the tight-knit family from Lanaudière in the July 30 Québec Max draw when the three women won a combined total of $1,000,000.
- Lottery: Québec Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Additional prize
- Draw date: July 30, 2021
- Winners’ place of residence: Lanaudière
- Retailer: Lottery kiosk at Galeries Terrebonne (1185 Boulevard Moody, Terrebonne)
The retailer will receive a $10,000 commission, equal to 1% of the prize.
- For the past year and a half, Micheline, Dominique and Martine have been buying a Double Jeu Max or Double Jeu 49 lottery ticket every week. They always share their winnings, but they’ve never added up to this much!
- It was Micheline who bought the winning ticket for herself and her daughters. She was with Dominique when she checked the ticket at the grocery store.
- “Good thing it isn’t April 1. It would have been a great April Fool’s prank!” Micheline said when the store attendant told her she’d won $1,000,000.
- Dominique then called Martine to share the news. Martine didn’t believe her, especially since the two sisters often joked about winning the lottery.
- Dominique had to send Martine a photo proving that they’d won.
- Micheline wants to renovate her home, while her daughters each plan to buy a new car.
- The lottery kiosk at Galeries Terrebonne is managed by the Société nationale des Québécoises et Québécois de la région des Laurentides. The non-profit organization will receive a $10,000 commission.
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $2,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 15, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 102 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 15 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.