Montréal, August 17, 2021 — When Montérégie resident Denise Alarie asked for a $10 lottery ticket at the cash, she didn’t say which one. As luck would have it, she was sold a 5X Fortune scratch ticket that won her $500,000! The lucky winner was quick to tell her employer that she was retiring “effective immediately!”
- Lottery: 5X Fortune
- Prize: $500,000
- Category: Grand prize
- Claim date: July 22, 2021
- Winner’s place of residence: Montérégie
- Retailer: Comptoir B.M. (415 Rue Denison Ouest, Granby)
- Denise Alarie simply asked the cashier for a $10 scratch ticket, and didn’t specify which one she wanted to play.
- Without a second thought, the cashier presented her with a 5X Fortune ticket.
- The lucky winner was quick to tell her employer that she was retiring “effective immediately!”
COVID-19: How to claim a prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec’s prize claim offices in Montréal and Quebec City are open by appointment only to ticket holders who’ve won a prize of $2,000 or more. For this reason, players who’ve won such a prize should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team. Under the current circumstances, the safest and most efficient way to claim a prize is still by mail. For more information on prize payment terms and conditions, please visit lotoquebec.com.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and July 25, 2021, Loto-Québec paid out 100 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lottery games have provided 15 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.