Montréal, May 15, 2020 — On May 4, Laval resident Valery Eugene snagged the Grande Vie grand prize, i.e. $1,000 a day for life, with a ticket he purchased online at lotoquebec.com.
- Lottery (ticket purchased online): Grande Vie
- Prize: Grand prize ($1,000 a day for life)
- Draw date: 4 mai 2020
- Winner’s place of residence: Laval
- On May 4, Valery Eugene went on lotoquebec.com to buy a ticket for Banco, a lottery game that he loves to play. When he saw the Grande Vie logo, he decided to buy a ticket for that night’s Grande Vie draw. Later that day, he purchased a second ticket, which turned out to be a winner.
- The next morning got off to an unusual start when his daughter came into the room to wake him up gently. He then checked the results of his lottery ticket purchases. First, he saw that he won a few dollars, then noticed a message telling him that he’d won the grand prize of $1,000 a day for life with Grande Vie.
- Still in bed at the time, he cried out: “I won the grand prize!” This woke up his spouse, who was still sleeping beside him. Valery had a hard time keeping still until he got the call from Loto-Québec’s customer service team. “I feel like it’s unreal what just happened to me!” the winner confided.
- Buying lottery tickets online is especially convenient for Valery, whose job requires him to be home most of the time.
- The winner already has ideas about how he’ll spend his windfall. Among other things, he plans to set up a trust fund for his daughter’s education, and do a few renovations on his house.
You can listen to a virtual interview with the winner on Loto-Québec’s YouTube channel (in French only).
1000$ par jour à vie: Valery, gagnant du gros lot de Grande Vie
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec temporarily suspended in-person prize claims at its prize claim offices on March 18. Winners of prizes of $25,000 or more who have a physical lottery ticket are invited to contact Loto-Québec’s Customer Service team. All other prizes can be claimed by mail.
Please note: Owners of physical lottery tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020, inclusively who’ve won a prize will have an additional six months to claim it. We advise them to hold on to their ticket(s); they’ll be able to claim their prize when things get back to normal. The payment terms for prizes won at lotoquebec.com remain the same.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. In 2019, Loto-Québec paid out 88 prizes of $1 million or more. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 23 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.