Montréal, August 20, 2020 — Capitale-Nationale resident Nicole Tanguay thought she’d won $20 when she checked her ticket. Then, she thought it might be $20,000. So it was a shock when the cashier told her that she’d actually won $2,000,000!
- Lottery: 200X Multiplicateur
- Prize: $2,000,000
- Claim date: July 27, 2020
- Winners’ place of residence: Capitale-Nationale and Centre-du-Québec
- Retailer: Épicerie Chez Paul (2060 Chemin de la Canardière, Québec City)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $20,000.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec office in Québec City
- Thinking she’d won a small sum, a happy Nicole went to a retailer to claim her prize.
- The cashier then informed her that her prize was too big to be paid to her on the spot.
- When she heard this, the lucky lady thought she’d won $20,000, but no—she’d actually won the $2,000,000 top prize!
- She immediately called her children, Francine and Denis Picard from the Centre-du-Québec and Capitale-Nationale regions respectively, to tell them that she’d share her prize with them.
- They say they plan to buy a family home for all three of them to live in.
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec has temporarily suspended in-person prize claims at its prize claim offices. Winners of prizes of $25,000 or more who have a physical lottery ticket should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team.
Please note: Owners of physical lottery tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020, inclusively who’ve won a prize will have an additional six months to claim it. The payment terms for prizes won on lotoquebec.com remain the same.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 17, 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 69 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 9 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.