Montréal, August 21, 2020 – Centre-du-Québec resident François Dupont decided he would make three ladies happy with the million dollars he won in the August 12 Extra draw.
- Lottery: Extra
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Grand prize
- Draw date: August 12, 2020
- Winner’s place of residence: Centre-du-Québec
- Retailer: IGA Princeville (355 Rue Saint-Jean-Baptiste Sud, Princeville)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec office in Quebec City
- François was alone when he had his ticket validated at the convenience store.
- When he got back home, he called his two daughters, Audrey and Sarah-Danielle, and asked them to join him and his wife, Ghislaine Picard, to hear the good news.
- He was so happy to share his win with the three lovely ladies in his life that he had tears in his eyes when he received his cheque.
The four winners sharing the million-dollar grand prize are:
- François Dupont
- Ghislaine Picard
- Audrey Dupont
- Sarah-Danielle Dupont
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec temporarily suspended in-person prize claims at its prize claim offices on March 18. Winners of prizes of $25,000 or more who have a physical lottery ticket should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team.
Please note: Owners of physical lottery tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020, inclusively who’ve won a prize will have an additional six months to claim it. Loto-Québec is advising them to hold on to their ticket(s); they’ll be able to claim their prize when things get back to normal. The payment terms for prizes won on lotoquebec.com remain the same.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and July 29, 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 58 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 8 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.