Montréal, August 25, 2020 — Montrealer Fernando De Oliveira won a whopping $8,539,083, i.e. half of the jackpot in the July 22 Lotto 6/49 draw.
- Lottery: Lotto 6/49
- Prize: $8,539,083
- Category: Jackpot (shared)
- Draw date: July 22, 2020
- Winner’s place of residence: Montréal
- Retailer: Canadian Tire Essence Plus (16791 Trans-Canada Highway, Kirkland)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $85,390.
- Fernando plays Lotto 6/49 regularly.
- He checked the results the day after the draw, as usual. Seeing that he had all the numbers, he immediately went to a retailer to double-check the draw results.
- For a second time, he got confirmation that he’d won. Still not believing his luck, he asked his daughter-in-law to download Loto-Québec’s Lotteries app so he could scan his ticket.
- That’s when he saw the sum of $8,539,083, i.e. half of the July 22 Lotto 6/49 jackpot.
- The newly minted multimillionaire says he plans to use his windfall to spoil his family and travel.
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec temporarily suspended in-person prize claims at its prize claim offices on March 18. Winners of prizes of $25,000 or more who have a physical lottery ticket should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team.
Please note: Owners of physical lottery tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020, inclusively who’ve won a prize will have an additional six months to claim it. The payment terms for prizes won on lotoquebec.com remain the same.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 17, 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 69 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 9 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.