Montréal, September 9, 2020 — Montréal resident Johanne Belair took home $1,000,000 in the July 31 Québec Max draw. “My wife will be ecstatic,” said the lucky winner's husband when he checked the ticket using Loto-Québec’s Lotteries app the day after the draw.
- Lottery: Québec Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Additional selections
- Draw date: July 31, 2020
- Winner’s place of residence: Montreal
- Retailer: Dépanneur Dada Plus (5041 Boulevard Couture, Montréal)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec head office in Montréal
- Johanne and her husband, who've been married for 30 years, have been long-time buyers of Quebec Max lottery tickets.
- This time, however, she was the lucky owner of a winning ticket.
- “This is so surreal! It’s like a dream come true!” Johanne said when she came by Loto-Québec’s head office.
- The couple say they intend to spoil their children and plan their retirement.
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec temporarily suspended in-person prize claims at its prize claim offices on March 18. Winners of prizes of $25,000 or more who have a physical lottery ticket should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team.
Please note: Owners of physical lottery tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020, inclusively who’ve won a prize will have an additional six months to claim it. The payment terms for prizes won on lotoquebec.com remain the same.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 17, 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 69 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 9 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.