Montréal, September 9, 2020 – Mariette Pelchat Pelchat and her son Michel Pelchat live in an intergenerational home in Chaudière-Appalaches. On August 22, cries of joy rang out all over the house when they realized that they’d won $2,000,000 in the Québec 49 draw.
- Lottery: Québec 49
- Prize: $2,000,000
- Category: Jackpot
- Draw date: August 22, 2020
- Winners’ place of residence: Chaudière-Appalaches
- Retailer: Super-Soir (3004 Avenue Saint-Augustin, Lévis)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $20,000.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec office in Quebec City
- Mom and son have been buying lottery tickets together for many years, using numbers representing meaningful event dates.
- When she heard the results announced on TV, Ms. Pelchat Pelchat mumbled: “That sounds like our numbers!”
- Michel returned to the convenience store where he'd bought the ticket to confirm that they’d really won the jackpot.
- Back home, he happily told his spouse about his millionaire status.
- “You have doubts... it seems unreal. You experience a whole bunch of emotions when that happens,” said the lucky winner.
- The new millionaires have lots of plans for their winnings, including completing renovations in their intergenerational home.
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and protect the health and safety of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec temporarily suspended in-person prize claims at its prize claim offices on March 18. Winners of prizes of $10,000 or more who have a physical lottery ticket should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team.
Please note: Owners of physical lottery tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020, inclusively who’ve won a prize will have an additional six months to claim it. The payment terms for prizes won on lotoquebec.com remain the same.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and September 8, 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 74 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 9 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.