Montréal, August 20, 2020 — Mauricie resident Jacques Tousignant took home $1,000,000 in the July 31 Québec Max draw.
- Lottery: Québec Max
- Prize: $1,000,000
- Category: Additional selections
- Draw date: July 31, 2020
- Winner’s place of residence: Mauricie
- Retailer: Dépanneur général Le Colibri de Sainte-Flore (3270 Chemin de Sainte-Flore, Shawinigan)
- The retailer will receive a 1% commission of $10,000.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec office in Quebec City
- Jacques checked his Québec Max ticket using a self-serve ticket checker.
- He immediately saw the slew of zeros, but said nothing and drove away.
- He then went to another retailer to check his ticket again. He got the same outcome.
- Still not believing it, Jacques checked his ticket a third time at another retailer. He then thought: “It can’t be that all three terminals don’t work!”
- Now a million dollars richer, he says he intends to spoil his sons!
COVID-19: How to claim your prize
As part of the collective effort to stop the spread of COVID-19, and to protect the health of its customers and employees, Loto-Québec has temporarily suspended in-person prize claims at its prize claim offices. Winners of prizes of $25,000 or more who have a physical lottery ticket should contact Loto-Québec’s customer service team.
Please note: Owners of physical lottery tickets with an expiry date between March 17 and September 17, 2020, inclusively who’ve won a prize will have an additional six months to claim it. The payment terms for prizes won on lotoquebec.com remain the same.
Loto-Québec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. Between January 1 and August 17, 2020, Loto-Québec paid out 69 prizes of $1,000,000 or more to lottery winners. The Gagnant à vie and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 9 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Major prize winners are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries website.