$33,600,463A new young multimillionaire in Bas-Saint-Laurent thanks to Lotto 6/49
Montréal, August 31, 2018 – Jérémie Gagnon, a young Bas-Saint-Laurent resident, was thrilled to win the $33,600,463 jackpot in the August 29 Lotto 6/49 draw.
- Lottery: Lotto 6/49
- Prize won: $33,600,463
- Category: Jackpot
- Draw date: August 29, 2018
- Winner’s place of residence: Bas-Saint-Laurent
- Retailer: Dépanneur du Carrefour (219 Avenue Doucet, Mont-Joli)
- The retailer will receive a 1% prize of $336,004.
- Claim centre: Loto-Québec’s office in Québec City
- Evening-shift worker Jérémie Gagnon says he’s a night owl.
- He was playing a video game at 2 a.m. when he decided to check his ticket on the Internet.
- Stunned at seeing that he had won the jackpot, he called his dad at 3 a.m. to announce the good news.
- Unable to get to sleep, he went to the nearest convenience store at 4 a.m. As lottery results are only available on the terminal as of 5 a.m., he said practically wore out the floor pacing as he waited!
- So, neither father nor son got a wink of sleep because they had only one thing in mind: Getting to Loto‑Québec offices to learn more.
- The young winner has lots of plans: travelling, learning English for his trips, shopping for the car of his dreams and saying “Bye, bye, boss!”
- “I was stunned when I saw all the numbers!” said the winner.
- “I thought I’d surely wake up and realize that it was a dream!” he added.
- “Has it sunk in that you are a multimillionaire? Not just a millionaire, a multimillionaire!” his father said to him.
LotoQuébec’s mission is to responsibly and efficiently manage games of chance in a controlled and measured fashion, in the interest of all Quebecers. Entertainment is at the heart of its activities. From January 1 to August 28, 2018, Loto-Québec paid out 100 prizes worth $1 million or more and created 84 millionaires. Gagnant à vie! and Grande Vie lotteries have provided 14 lucky winners with a lifetime annuity. Winners of large prizes are listed on the Winners page of the Lotteries site.